Friday, April 6, 2012

Another magical trail run

As pathetic as this sounds, being home yesterday was the best part of Mike and my vacation so far. Mike and I slept in late and, then, because it was cold out and I'm a wuss, I had an incredible 8 mile run on the treadmill. Buffy was kicking butt and I felt amazing after my rest day. Usually, my body feels awful after rest days, but I think because it's been so long since I rested, my body was PSYCHED.

After my run, I bought groceries because we had absolutely no food in the house. No exaggeration, I ate about three spoonfuls of yogurt and Mike had an anemic piece of toast with peanut butter for breakfast. We did a really good job of cleaning out the fridge an cupboards before we left. A little too good of a job.

After I ate and could concentrate on something other than my insatiable hunger, I convinced Mike to drive me to the Apple store to get my new work computer.


Ahhhhhh! I love me some Mac products!



You know what's EVEN better than awesome new technology? Another magical trail run with Bungee.

Mike and I met up with our friend Steph and her chocolate lab, Monster, for a great run. We did about 4 1/2 miles with the pups, which is by far the toughest and farthest run Bungee has ever had and she was a champ! I want to take her trail running every single day. I think I might have to start taking her way more often, if anything.

Speaking of my friend Steph, she wanted me to show you all this video. Disclaimer: it's a little hard to watch, but it shows the dangers of not wearing your seatbelt. Even if you don't have kids riding in the back, it's important if you have pups too. Keep them safe!





Are you a Mac or a PC?


12 comments:

  1. Random disturbing video that doesn't relate to the overall post? Nice touch.

    Fatty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never worked on a Mac before. My best friend has one and she loves it. I'm sure it would take me forever to figure it out. I'm more of an "art brained" person. I just recently upgraded my Windows stuff. I hate peer pressure at work. HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just switched to a MacBook Air this year and there's no going back! Hope you love yours as much as I do mine.

    Going to the grocery store is always task #1 for me when I get back from a trip. Hate empty cupboards/fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macs are great, if you are rich enough to get one.

    Fatty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your friend. I once pulled over and got all "mean mommy" on Eric and Lily because they refused to wear their seat belts because they were in the backseat and they were acting like I was crazy. I'm sending it to them. Although, before I read what it was, I thought it was something from Twilight because that guy looks like Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my MacBook Air. I probably don't utilize 99% of what it can do, but it works. I'm a seatbelt Nazi - everyone in a car with me MUST wear a seatbelt, always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have had a mac at home for like 9 years now and i like it, but i am just so much more comfortable on my PC because it is what everythign i have for work is on so i have kinda stopped using

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for humoring me by posting the seatbelt video. I must say, though, I'm starting to worry that Monster is in more danger of hanging himself as he jumps out of the car while still wearing his seatbelt than he is (or I am) of getting hurt in the event of a car accident sans seatbelt. Btw is it pathetic that Alyssa's comment "I love your friend" kinda made my day?

    Also, you know what just occurred to me? Now that you're working from home, you and Bungee can come to Tuesday Night Trails! ...if it ever happens, that is. I'm starting to have my doubts. (I hope Chaz reads this.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely unfair you get a Mac for work. Enjoy every second on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous your work bought you a MacBook air! I've never had a Mac but hopefully someday...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love my MacBook Air! It's nice to be able to lift my laptop with one hand despite having sad and pathetic spaghetti arms. And I always wear a seat belt, which bothers people for some reason. I don't know why people take offense to me putting it on. It's not a comment on their driving.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.