1. I know you are all on pins and needles wondering about Bungee's fate. First, here's a video of her weird symptoms (I suggest turning off your sound because there's weird background feedback).
She's fine and doing much better today. The vet thinks she has a case of doggy reflux. Who knew that was a thing?
|I hate it here!|
She suffered through the vet visit freaking out the whole time. When the doc when to take her temperature (yep, rectally), she suggested I hold Bungee's collar. She said, "You might want to hold onto her in case she freaks out...nevermind, looks like she's the suffer in silence type." Yep, that's our girl.
2. Speaking of the vet, it looks like both of the women in our vet practice are runners and, now, Aspaeris Pivot Short wearers! Our vet commented on my sweet new Brooks Pure Connect sneakers and then asked about the sticker on my car. We started talking running and how she's had some knee issues and the other vet was having recovery time trouble, so they both bought shorts! Small world.
Also, is it just me or does you trust people a little more when you find out they are runners?
3. I'm not sure if it's because Bungee can't talk and can't tell me how she feels or if I'm just a big giant lame, but I felt SO awful for her yesterday. When Mike and I took her to the store to get more of her food, I made Mike buy her a present to make her feel better. I'm pretty sure dogs aren't smart enough to understand the present for illness, but it made me feel better, especially because the present was so awesome.
Look closely, she's guarding it with her life. It's a sweet dinosaur Nylabone.
4. Today, Mike is off from work which always makes me jealous when he has the day off and I have to work. It is especially enviable when I am HOME working and he's lounging. He can enjoy it for a little bit, but later I'm putting him to work helping me test build Aspaeris' tent and event booth. We have our first race sponsorship next weekend and I'm so excited to go!
5. Earlier this week, I visited our local running store and while I was there, something in my bag started beeping. Turns out, the remote starter to my car is haunted and will, not only, start my car without any buttons pressed, but can also do it from over 100 yards away. Needless to say, I popped the batteries out of that sucker and stored it somewhere safe. In the winter, when I want to use it, I'll have to store all of the pieces separately and only put them together when I want to use it. Then again, that sounds like a hassle, so maybe I'll just suffer through a cold car.
Did you get presents when you were sick as a kid? Or, parents, do you give your kids presents when they are sick?
Seriously, do you trust people more when you find out they are runners?