Friday, August 9, 2013

introvert

1. I knew that cutting my hair short meant I couldn't have a real ponytail anymore for running. I decided that so long as I could pull it up and keep it out of my face, I'd be fine. I've been rocking a sort of half up, half down look. Mike loves it. He says I look like Ned Stark.


It's a good look for a woman, right?


2. Bungee ran 21 miles this week. In the summer, she usually only averages around 12-15/week. Every time I got my shoes out this week, though, she did her excited "I want to run" happy dance, so I took her along.


This means that after our morning runs, she is pretty much dead for the rest of the day. She barely even summons the energy to come check out my lunch while I'm making it and that's saying something.


3. This morning, I made plans to meet Karlee to run 5-6 miles. I ran a mile before hand, packed up Bungee, and headed out to meet her. It was pouring rain and still stiflingly humid. Bungee was not a fan and basically started walking at the 2.5 mile mark.

Instead of dragging her for the rest of the run, we decided to cut it short and finished a little over three miles before heading back.

After drying off Bungee and changing shoes, I finished my run on the treadmill. Basically, I ran three times today within a 1.5 hour period.


4. The last two weekends have been filled with wedding fun and madness. This weekend, I have no plans (I mean, unless you count tomorrow's 17 miler, but I don't). It's really sad how happy this makes me. It also reminds me that Buzzfeed could see into my soul when they wrote this.


5. I have eaten pizza for meals three days in a row now. Typically, Friday is pizza night for Mike and me. While most HLBs might take today to fast or juice cleanse to get rid of all that nasty cheese in their system, I am seriously contemplating going for 4 days in a row. CAN SHE DO IT??


Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

If you could only eat one thing for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?

11 comments:

  1. Hmm, that's a good question. It would be close between pizza and macaroni and cheese. Notice the cheese theme here?? HAHA.

    I laughed out loud at the Ned Stark. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely an introvert, but I'm trying to make more running friends so that I don't bore my poor husband with marathon training all the time. I've started to go to some running groups in the area...so far, so good.

    One thing? Steak and baked potatoes. And flourless chocolate cake. :) YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you just post about how you have a complex about looking like a dude? I like Mike's style.

    Blah blah blah Look how much I run! blah blah blah I eat so much food! blah blah blah


    I could write your posts in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike doesn't read the blog, so he doesn't know about my trauma.

      Delete
  4. you should have posted a piture of you side by side with Ned Stark.

    one meal for the rest of my life... pizza. so many great ways to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does Bungee have her own Daily Mile page yet? Why cleanse? My goal is to have a constant supply of cheese in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you now look like a cross between Kristin Wiig and Ned Stark?? Pictures or it didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much of an introvert...this buzzfeed is even more me: http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/31-unmistakable-signs-that-youre-an-introvert

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I missed something or am seriously living under a rock, but what is an HLB? Urban Dictionary says it is "shorthand for a half-pound of pot"... ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't feel bad...my fiance calls me Garth (from Wayne's World) I have frizzy blonde hair when I don't straighten it and when you combine this with my glasses... I have to admit, I do kind of resemble him :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Without a picture, I really can't compare you to Ned Stark. I miss him. I am probably the world's biggest introvert. I love being alone so, so much. I would eat cereal. Crazy but true. I never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.