Tuesday, August 27, 2013

just so jazzed about running

I took both Saturday and Sunday off from running. After my ITBS issues in the spring, I'm not taking any chances this time around. On long run weeks (basically anything over 15 miles), I'm going to try to get all of my miles in in 5 days and take two off. What are "all of my miles" you ask? Last week it was 45. I'm not really following a plan during the week. So long as I'm in the 40-50 mile zone, I'm calling it good. I've also been trying to throw a faster run in here and there, too.

Since I've been running most of my mid-week miles with Bungee, they are all a relatively slow pace for me. Adding in a faster run makes me feel better about that. Plus, running with Bungee is way better than running alone. She's just so jazzed about running.

picture from earlier this year, but that's pretty much her go-to running face
I've decided that running this summer and fall is going to be about enjoying running and not worrying about speed and time. I'd rather run with my dog than run fast (most of the time), so that's what I'm going to do.


Yesterday, I had lunch with my friend Kristen. A few years ago, I ran my first half marathon with her. She's recovering from tendon surgery and whoa is she a trooper.




She was in a cast for months and is just now getting to walk again. I asked if she was going nuts not being able to run, but she said she's just happy to be walking. I'm pretty sure I'd be going nuts.


Are you seriously training for something now or just running for fun?

6 comments:

  1. Haven't you asked this question like 3 times lately?

    It's ok...that happy-Bungee picture makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll blame Bungee for keeping me up all night last night during the storm.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I can classify anything I do as "serious".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love excuses for running slow. This is the most pro-dog post I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Bungee's tongue hanging out?
    I am not training for a damn thing. Just hoping not to go into cardiac arrest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my most fun runs are with my dogs and my friends. I find as the years tick by I'm less worried about a PR and more about enjoying myself. Maybe it's because ITB has always stopped me from running a truly great marathon but one of these days I'll run one pain free :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.